Tuesday, April 6, 2010

S is for SHARKS!!!


After 24 for hours of driving in a car you see what you have been waiting for. A warm paradise called Florida. Palm trees and beaches show you that you have found the place.

This March break I stayed at my condo in West Palm Beach. My condo is called 2700 North Ocean on Singer Beach. It is warm there... all year round! No snow unlike home. Winter there is like Spring/Summer here. Summer there is deadly.

This time while we were there we saw sharks. Yes sharks. They were Spinner sharks. You are probably wondering what spinner sharks are right now, aren't you? Well they are a smaller type of shark that have a tendency to jump out of the water and spin in the air. As I said they are a smaller type of shark, they grow to about 5-7 feet.

My parents had come down to Florida in January/February 2009 and they stayed there for a week. While they were there they got to see the Singer Island Sharks. That was when you could see hundreds of sharks right off the beach. There wasn't just Spinner sharks, there was other sharks like Tiger sharks, Bull sharks, Hammerhead sharks, and Black- Tip sharks. My family and I love seeing the sharks at Singer Island.

Life lesson: Sharks may be scary but they are a sight to see.

I commented on Tyler's blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Kyle! I like how you found a video to show exactly what you are talking about. One very important question though - do you swim at the same beach as the sharks?

    ReplyDelete