Wednesday, April 14, 2010

F is for the Floridian Summer



Heat waves floating above the road, sun scorching up in the sky, and beaches covered with people. This is Summer in Florida. Last Summer my family and I went to Florida. While we were there it wasn't always hot and sunny, it was warm and rainy. Rain or shine it was nice.






In my last post I told you about there being sharks at my condo. They don't come in the Summer. In the Summer the water is too hot for them so they swim out to deeper water because it's cooler. The sharks are gone so the water is full of people. At my condo there are man- made reefs and they are a great place for snorkeling. My dad and I would go out and look at all the fish. It was really cool. We would see hundreds of fish, crabs, plants, and we even saw squid. Green rocks covered in plants, crawling with crabs, swarmed with fish, this is what the reefs look like. Snorkeling in Florida is awesome.










The ocean wasn't the only cool thing there. Our condo is awesome. Two 27 story buildings with a giant deck. On this deck there is 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, 7 cabanas, all sorts of plants and trees, chairs and outdoor couches, 2 barbecues, and even a grill. The grill is the condo's private restaurant. It is only open in the mornings and the early early afternoons. It is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It has a large variety of foods. From breakfast to ice cream. The grill is awesome.



Life lesson: Summer is hot but it's hotter in Florida!
I commented on Blayne's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment