Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do clothes shape who I am?

I think clothes can and can't shape who I am. Rich people usually wear very nice clothes and other people might wear clothes that aren't as nice. Your clothing can show what colours that you like. Or if you are showing up at a business meeting the clothes you are wearing will show what kind of person you are, if you showed up with a suit and a tie you would look formal or if you showed up wearing jeans that have holes in them you would look like a bum. Therefore clothes can shape who I am.



Clothes can't always shape who I am.
Hair as an example can shape who I am. If you visit a fancy restaurant and you have a mohawk, you will look like a fool. While if you had a nice buzz cut you would look proper. Therefore Clothes can't always shape who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, this is a good start. You have explained why you think clothes can shape who you are with some good examples. However, I'm not sure that you have effectively outlined why clothing can't shape who you are. The example in your second paragraph works to prove why your appearance does shape who you are as you are judging them fools or proper people just by their hairstyle. In your next post be sure you have thought through your ideas completely and re-read your work before you post. Good start.

    ReplyDelete